About Us & History

In the Fall of 1948, Mrs. John Heist and Mrs. Richard Edgerton sent out invitations to their friends in the Mount Dora and Lake Jem area for an afternoon tea to be held at the Mount Dora Yacht Club for the purpose of forming a Garden Club.  

With 28 women in attendance who had a love of floral arrangement and a multitude of gardening interests, the name, "Lakes and Hills" was adopted and the Garden Club was formed.  The next fall the club was accepted into the FFGC with a membership of 107 in 4 different circles.  

70 years later, our club has an extensive list of accomplishments to be proud of.  Some big, some small, but the variety of projects this club has been involved in has reached beyond gardening and surely has impacted generations of Mount Dora families. Please visit our Projects and Programs & Activities pages for our current ventures!

More About Us...

Click on the down arrow to expand

Our Contact Information

PO Box 311

Mount Dora, FL, 32756

lhgcmountdora@gmail.com

or call our Corresponding Secretary, 352-343-0689